Final polls are out and UM is #6. Makes sense. We are below the final four teams and Arizona. I was happy to see Duke taking a huge plung.
This post is going to be as random as you like, so enjoy. While perusing ESPN.com under the NBA mainpage on this enjoyable Friday night, I happened upon a random Sports Nation poll. It poses the question: Who will be the bigger weapon for Team USA in the 2016 Olympics? Anthony Davis or Kyrie Irving? I clicked on Kyrie Irving, and surprisingly or unsurprisingly, Kyrie Irving was winning 77% to 23% on 26,865 national votes.
Next, I clicked on View Map, because that's how I do. The map, surprisingly or unsurprisingly, showed all states siding with Kyrie Irving--BUT ONE--which sided with Anthony Davis.
Now, my task for you is this: without looking at this poll--or after looking at this poll, I don't necessarily care--guess which state picked Anthony Davis and write why you guessed it.
Bama a unanimous no. 1 of course; Oregon moves up to 2nd with Ohio 3rd and ND falling to fourth. Good to see ND fall multiple places after that lambasting. I think we can all agree an Alabama vs. Oregon title game would have been much more interesting than the one we got... oh well.
Michigan is the only team with 5 losses to make the final poll. Glad to get some respect seeing as we had a mighty tough schedule and 4/5 of our losses were quite close. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and we were 0-5 against ranked opponents. Definitely proud of our team, and a lot of it was just balls not bouncing our way, but this season was clearly a letdown. Here's hoping Gardner & co. can make a statement in 2013, and most importantly beat Ohio. As always, Go Blue!
So, we are in the cold doldrums of another long summer, so I figured I would spark some conversation by seeing what side of the fence everybody is on. I'll post few debatable topics just to see where the battle lines are drawn...
1. LBJ, NBA MVP and Champion - happy for him or hope his house gets hit by a tank?
2. OSU - Win every game but one, only beat the SEC, or secede from the Union to form a province of Bolivia?
3. Navarre - If we find the Weinke loophole, would you take four more years at his average productivity?
4. Ditka or God, who would win in a fight?
5. Mascot - Giant blue weasel, life sized garden gnome from Brian's post, or does it not matter as long as they hurry the hell up...
6. Now that RDT has been outed, who is the next alter ego to slip up?
7. Ale or lager?
Crazy day in football. Here's mine:
1) Bama 2) LSU 3) OK State 4) Boise 5) Stanford 6) Oregon
HUGE GAP (there probably is one somewhere between 3 and 5 as well)
7) Arkansas 8) OU 9) Houston 10) Nebraska
11) Clemson 12) South Carolina 13) VT 14) MSU 15) Wiscy
16) M 17)K-State 18) Penn State 19) ASU 20) Georgia
21) USC 22) GT 23) Cincy 24) WVU 25) Auburn
Dropped: Texas A&M, Texas Tech