Oh No Not Cone
I have seen comments on several sites about this and I just want to point out that losing the star of last years Michigan v. Penn State game is not great but this should hopefully be a Non-issue. This is assuming that the injury is a broken leg, not something major and the medical staff is being extra cautious.
Postives on this...
- Tate will get even more time with the 1st team and should get extra snaps in the short spring practice season.
- This should solidify that the race to be the opening game starter is wide open.
- Creates some options to re-evaluate the experiments at the QB position that include: Carlos Brown and Justin Feagin.
- Asks the team to rally around Tate and may officially signal the start to his era as the starting QB.
- At least he was out and about, so the injury probably isn't in great need of any major surgery.
- Sheridan can use all the practice he can get.
- David Cone might be forced to throw the football with a helmet on to someone that should actually see the field in the fall.
- The urgency to get Denard Robinson on campus and practicing just became even more apparent.
- This could diminish the QB competition between our two best options for the fall.
Hopefully there is some good news from Richrod today, and that this is just precautionary.