Mike Lantry, 1972
“@LongStrider86: any names come to mind for a good fit as michigan's new OC?” I know and so will you very soon. And you'll be pleased— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) January 9, 2014
Second Herbstreit tweet (I am editing out the Balas tweet because he is a douchecanoe. Can I say douchecanoe on the internet? After further review, yes I can. Mods can censor if they want.):
NFL Assistant has been tossed around a lot: Herbstreit's tweet says it is a current OC in college
- TomVH tweeted about John McNulty, but not sure if he has any inside info (no longer relevant)
- @CoachingSearch, who is pretty well known in the profession, dropped the names of Lane Kiffin, John McNulty, Mike Groh, and Randy Fichtner
- Sam Webb seems to know who it is, but isn't giving it away. According to the other mgoblog thread (h/t jack daniels), Sam hints that it is NOT Loeffler, Terry Malone, Parrish, Groh, Kiffin, Bloomgren, Treadwell, or Chudzinski.
- According to mgouser Amutnal, the hire will be announced tomorrow.
- Here's a link to another interesting mgouser comment about a well-known school's OC being hired. Prepare to posbang or negbang him after the fact.
Per al.com, former Michigan player and quarterbacks coach, Scot Loeffler, has been named Offensive Coordinator at Auburn University.
Congrats to him!