good luck with that
Check out the front of www.cnnsi.com
That's just priceless Jimmahh and needs to be added to portfolio of "Haw-Haw!" (Think Nelson)
It is now nearly the 4th qtr, and the Domers look like they're about to get pants'd by the USC Prophylactics. I had actually hoped that ND would win this game, (I know - its not over, but right now, their D looks BAD). It would have validated the UM win in a big way. Instead, the Irish are merely living up to the chant, "OVER-RATED!" as they have under Weis.
So, two questions:
1. Even if ND wins out this season, do they get to a BCS bowl at 10-2? Or will pollsters be loathe to rank them high enough to qualify?
2. Is ND Nation going to be trying to find a way to add more BTUs to that fire under Weis?
Editorial titled "Why should Notre Dame's football coach make more than tenured professors?". While I agree that the Weissicane specifically shouldn't make more than a professor, the article isn't actually ND bashing and instead a proposal that universities with federal funding shouldn't be allowed to be paid more than the average for a tenured professor. The writer argues that the hypocrisy from paying coaches more than the university president undercuts the values of higher education.
I'd say that as long as the football department is self-sufficient, coaching pay is fine as is. It would be a bigger mess to try and legislate a solution. Thoughts?
I was watching the end of the Notre Dame/Purdue game today and my roommate pointed out that the game winning touchdown pass looked familiar. It turns out, it looks like a sloppier version of our game winner against ND. Sorry that I cannot find a link to the video yet.
UM vs. EMU
- eh, it's just a mac team. can't really tell much.
- of course CMU is just a mac team too, so of course I prefer this result to MSU's
- Booboo seemed to do much better when not covering future NFL stars. still was giving a little too much room on the goal line though.
- Carlos is fast.
- Carlos might have a future in the NFL as a third down back. Decent blocker on the blitz pickup. Catches the ball well out of the backfield. Has that home run speed. But he needs to work on his leg strength. he goes down a little to easily.
- We absolutely MUST get Denard on the field more. I don't care how. He's just too much of a threat to not have on the field against the tougher competition. If not, it's a huge waste. (Korean word for the week, 아깝다 "akapda!")
- It's not that Denard is fast, he's got amazing quickness. He's got major acceleration (and the little known third time derivative of position, "Jerk") that is usually just called a quick first step. But it's more than that. His acceleration is not linear. I'm in awe.
- Sparty, NO! wow, two weeks in a row. talk about rescuing defeat from the jaws of victory.
- Their QB's actually looked pretty good, except for the last two passes.
- ND's outside receivers have great ups, but they need to work on their landing skills. even last week, tate dropped the ball when he landed on his back, floyd skinned his knee. and they had some other drops. this week floyd breaks his collarbone and tate dives into the wrong band (which, LOL!) along with some other drops.
- Rudolph is a serious receiving threat. Pass catching tightends are pretty valuable in the pro's. But he needs to bulk up and learn how to block better
- MSU was slow to adjust to rudolph on the bubble screen. They kept blitzing from the far side but never got there.
- How many TE's do you see running bubble screens?
- ND fans shouldn't get uppity about this win just yet. They had to beat MSU eventually, and got a little lucky that sparty spartied themselves this week.
- ND looks like it might go 9-3 or 10-2 and with the loses by byu and utah might end up in a bcs bowl (which makes me want to PUKE!)
- Auburn's offense looks a lot like the old single wing, just out of a shotgun formation.
- WVU was on its way to a blowout until Jarret Brown turned into a turnover machine.
- I chalk that up to bad coaching and a lack of mental discipline.
- There's something about Auburn's uniforms or shoulder pads that make them look slow. They're not, they just look slow. Maybe their guys are wearing extra rib protection or something.
- Mallet looks pretty good
- I keep thinking he's only got 4 plus games of experience, but he's really in his third year out of highschool and looks much more like a polished junior than a guy in his 6th game.
- But he did stink it up in the fourth quarter, probably due to georgia's defensive adjustments. But hey, coffee is for closers.
- I don't know why Arkansas would ever run, other than to just keep the defense honest. their passing attack is so much better than their rushing attack.
- Just like WVU, it looked like Arkansas was going to blow them out, but turnovers helped swing it the other way.
- I think Erin Andrews is dressing more conservatively since her incident.
- Holy crap, Ben Terry has 12 fingers! Someone go tell Inigo Montoya! Mutants are walking amongst us! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!
- Brian Kelly = good coach
- If you were him, would you go to a second tier SEC school just for a ton of money... eh, yea probably.
- Why exactly was BYU favored in this game? Ok, so they have a nice offense, but if you looked just at talent, FSU has bigger and faster players at just about every position. FSU looked really good in coming up just short against miami. That was a BCS powerhouse game. BYU looked pretty meh in defeating a bradfordless oklahoma. yeah, FSU looked lethargic against jacksonville state (or whatever they're called), but it's an emotional letdown game and completely understandable.
- Anyone else think it's unfair that many of BYU's players are like 26?
- So now Boise will finally be ranked ahead of BYU (which, like DUH!) but boise's schedule is pretty awful.
- Why the hell is ole miss ranked so high? What exactly have they done? (this was written before last night's game)
- The more time I have to watch actual football, the less desire I have to read about it. It's completely backwards. Sports columnists don't write much in the offseason when I actually need something to fill the void. And during the season I don't really care what their uninformed opinions are because I can download the games for myself.
- I have almost completely stopped reading columnists I used to read weekly just a couple years ago. Easterbrook, Fiutak, Mandel. Maybe if I was stuck at work all day and needed a diversion. But they seem to be filled with stupid opinions, and I hate stupidity. I want actual analysis.
- Picture pages are awesome.
- In general, anything worth reading regarding Michigan is posted to the board here, so why bother wading through all the unrelated crap at the big websites?
- Or why bother reading some guy's opinion about michigan when he only saw the 5 plays that made the highlight reel?
- not a great week for the big ten, but still virtually tied with the pac ten and SEC for best out of conference records.
- The top of the MAC has definitely pulled even with the middle of the big ten.
- Indiana is 3-0. Who woulda thought this was going to be a matchup of undefeateds just a month ago?
- If iowa beats PSU, should I be excited that PSU is mortal or worried about going into Iowa? I guess both.
Just forget you're not at home.
I don't know if it's kosher to post a link here like this, but this was just too hilarious not to share.
EDIT: Remembered you can embed YouTube vids.