That would be the South Carolina-SC. Dantonio is an alum of SC so this rumor has legs. Heck why couldn't he be considered for Southern Cal?
Oh yes I forgot, MSU is a destination not a stop.
Michigan State escapes tonight with a win against Rutgers. The excuses will begin, the statements that "all that matters is whether you win."
Actually, MSU winning is the best possible outcome for Michigan. We will beat them when they are undefeated, and this is more of a "quality" win, not that it matters.
I have analyzed my feelings regarding OSU and MSU.
- OSU is more important, but I respect them more, and hate them less.
- MSU doesn't matter as much, but I want to destroy and obliterate them, and dislike them more.
I am so looking forward to next week.
Haven't seen much about Utah's 62-20 throttling of Oregon at Autzen Stadium. Watched some local sports shows yesterday and BTN and really no discussion that maybe Spartys signature win wasn't all that impressive. I think this game has huge implications that maybe Sparty isn't as good as advertised. What say you?
The rest of the teams on State's schedule aren't ranked (and probably won't be). That's why I'm asking for your thoughts after this game in particular.
Not Good for Michigan
- State's DL is, lordy, as advertised. Oregon's OL started one senior and a bunch of sophomores, so maybe some wiggle room in there. In general, however, scary stuff. Unless Michigan's OL can improve enough to look solid against BYU, my guess is that Michigan's running game is going to be a ton of passes.
- From what Brian said, the Michigan DL might not match up well against their guys, especially with Mone out. Note that Oregon started a bunch of seniors on their line.
- Kings, State's slot guy, was really effective. I hope Peppers and others can rapidly improve enough to blanket him and other slotty dudes.
- I'm not sure Michigan can improve their special teams enough get the boost that Oregon got in their game.
Not too Bad for Michigan
- Rudock does better under duress than Adams; he gets positive/no yards where Adams lost yards in some cases. Relatedly, overall, I think Rudock makes better decisions, and he's already showing improvement.
- Michigan's corners, especially if Lewis is back, match up well with Burbridge
- So far, the Michigan OL has been better about QB protection. Brian's UFR shows it's not that awesome, but it feels better than last year, at least.
What do you folks think?
The @CollegeGameday handle tweeted out a picture of the MSU motivational board in the locker room yesterday and surprise, their mentality in life still hasn't changed...
"Approach the challenges of every day – in all phases of your life – with a fist fight mentality!"
Isn't that what's gotten so many of their players in jail to this point? When in doubt, fist fight.