the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
"Answer This" is a movie shot in Ann Arbor in 2009, starring Ralph Williams. It's being picked up for regional distribution and has some premiere events this weekend around the state. It features scenes shot at the UM-WMU game in 2009, and was written and directed by an alum. (Full disclosure: I work for Celebration! Cinema, where tomorrow's premiere is hosted.)
There are a few upcoming premiere screenings worth mentioning:
- Tonight at Emagine in Royal Oak with Dhani Jones in attendance.
Friday 10/14 at Celebration! Cinema Grand Rapids North
Food, drinks, and trivia in the Wave Room at 6:30. An 8:00pm screening will be followed by a Q&A with the writer/director.
Saturday 10/15 also at Celebration! Grand Rapids North:
Watch "Funny or Die" clips before the movie, screen the movie, then a Q&A with Chris Farah and President of Funny Or Die Mike Farah.
- More cities like Traverse City and Ann Arbor are listed at the movie website.
Also, Dr. Spaceman is in it.
Did any of you attend the screening at the Michigan Theatre? Or, are you going in Grand Rapids tomorrow?
[Edit: Added Dhani Jones info.]
The movie Gettysburg is on TCM now until 3am. I can't turn this movie off. IDK what is it, but I can't turn it off.
It's the off-season, so I feel that if we can have 20 bobblathon threads we can have 2 threads on what will probably be the highest-grossing film of the year.
There are spoilers in this thread.
If you want to see this movie (and you should!) leave now. If you don't leave, you deserve anything you get.
Getting things started with some bullets....
- Holy f---. Did this movie ever slow down? I felt like it was the fastest 2.5 hours of my life.
- I'm fuzzy on some of the rules of the dream worlds - how did Cobb and Mal spend 50 years in their dreams? Did I miss something on that one? Did they have some kinda sedative? (EDIT: Aware of exponential time increases - thought they were in level one (L1) for 50 L1 years. Someone below said they were in limbo at this time).
- I believe the top fell. Why? Because I want to, which is most important. One main reason I believe this, though, is that early on in the film when he spins the top wouldn't it not fall as well?
- If he is asleep and Mal was right, then what is the number of layers we're looking at? Snow Mtn would then be 4, not 3. The van would be 2, not 1, etc.
- When Cobb went to find Saito, did he go down another layer?
Can't wait to go see it again. Even though I think I have a good grasp on things, I'm sure there are opinions/aspects that would provide some new dimensions that I had not considered.
I went and saw this one with the wife yesterday afternoon. No spoilers here. Honestly, not that much to spoil. It's a good flick, very cute, but the story line itself is pretty much a straight line from A to D. B and C don't deviate. It'd be an easy one for kids to follow, and they should enjoy it. Some relatively clever little jokes that got me chuckling pretty good. But I do have an issue.
One of the three little girls in the movie, Agnes, the youngest, had a very familiar character model. It made me sad. I think after Monsters Inc, Boo's parents must have died and they sent her to live at an orphanage. It was the same stinkin' model!
My girlfriend has had yesterday's date circled on her mental calendar for over a year. Ever since the release date for Sex and the City 2 (SATC2) was announced she has brought up my obligation to see this movie with her. Random, out-of-the-blue reminders like "MAY 27th!" during the middle of a dinner last fall, or "You know what you're doing on May 27th!" as I shaved for work on a relatively cold January morning.
I have no way out of this. Too much build up to bail.
To give you and idea of how bad this will be (even worse than the show and the first movie)
From the James Berardinelli review from Reelviews:
"It's a three-ring circus of materialism, narcissism, and entitlement. These people are self-absorbed to the point where, unless you built a relationship with them during their television days, it's impossible to like them. The filmmakers not only sympathize with them, but laud their avarice and obsession with possessions. Sex and the City 2 is overloaded with product placements (all high-end, of course) and wallows in a cultural cesspool that some will find offensive."
Does this crap make anyone else physically ill? Really, I can't stand that some women actually model themselves after (or just wish they were like) the four despicable creatures from this show. These women are not role models they are soulless self-absorbed witches deluded into thinking themselves independent while they become more and more attached to the men in their lives, while spending $$$ on provactive clothing designed for women (at this point) 20 years younger and overpaying for fruity drinks in NY.
Board, I'm sorry, this won't be interesting to many of you but I'm dreading this afternoon (somehow, I was spared attending opening night) and I need to vent before my head explodes.
Finally, SJP is a horse.
At the end of the summer I decided to embark upon a journey that would assuredly reap uncountable rewards. That journey has been long and arduous, but it is slowly approaching its end. Last August I decided to create something that combined two of my favorite pastimes: drinking beer and watching sports. Thus, I began compiling a Power Hour of sports movies.
The project contains both classic sports movies as well as non-sports movies that have memorable sports scenes.
It certainly hasn't been easy, but I'm getting there. It's getting to the point where its pretty tough, so that's where you come in. I currently have a product that has 35 scenes in it. I have a small list of movies/scenes that I know will be added. Then I have some wiggle room. I need some suggestions and help to finish this bad boy off. Right now there are some movies with multiple scenes. Ideally there will be exactly 60 movies represented with 60 scenes. Lists? Lists:
Movies Already In (Scene in Italics)
- Caddyshack - Ty putting, ending with "Thank you very little"
- Air Bud - The dog comes out and suits up to play
- Ferris Bueller - What's the score? - Nothin-nothin - Who's winning? - The Bears
- 61* - Maris' 61st homer
- Miracle - The 'AGAIN' sequence
- Rocky I - Workout montage, running up the stairs
- Angels in the Outfield - The 16(?) error play
- Hoop Dreams - Isiah Thomas' speech
- Balls of Fury - The dude playing the little girl
- Caddyshack - Dalai Llama speech
- Dodgeball - If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball
- Caddyshack - August/It's in the hole speech
- Kingpin - Bill Murray's opening speech
- Raging Bull - La Motta vs. Sugar Ray (last fight)
- Space Jam - Bill Murray's "Larry isn't white. Larry is clear."
- Major League - Ricky giving up first homer after walking bases loaded - "Too high? Who gives a shit its gone"
- Mighty Ducks II - Ducks fly together scene
- Pride of the Yankees - Gehrig's speech
- Taladegga Nights - Promotions scene - "I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red, then F*ck You."
- The Natural - The homerun, obvs.
- Mighty Ducks - Charlie's triple deak
- Remember the Titans - "They will remember the night they played the Titans"
- Rocky II - End of the fight
- Sandlot - "You play ball like a girl!"
- Million Dollar Baby - The chick lighting girls up
- Major League - Ricky strikes the guy out on three pitches
- Rocky III - Rocky beats Mr. T
- The Rookie - The scene with the police radar gun flickering
- Slapshot - Pregame fight and national anthem
- Rudy - The sack*
- Hoosiers - Where he measures the hoop
- Jerry Maguire - Show me the money
- Angels in the Outfield - The whole stadium gives the angel signal
- Space Jam - Barkely - "This girl. Five foot nothin. Blocked my shot
- Field of Dreams - "The People will come" speech
- Happy Gilmore - Bob Barker fight
Movies/Scenes that Will be in it
Rookie of the Year
A League of Their Own
The Big Green
When We Were Kings
Movies Under Consideration
Major League 2
Major League 3
Little Big League
For the Love of the Game
Bad News Bears
Eight Men Out
The Greatest Game Ever Played
He Got Game
White Men Can't Jump
Friday Night Lights
Any Given Sunday
Bend It Like Beckham
Bring It On
*Even though he was offsides