Per everywhere, Jon Lester has signed with the Cubs. 6 years, 155 Million. Now the Offseason can begin in earnest.
Mothers, raise your sons to be Left handed pitchers.
I’m going to make this a monthly update, I think. Let me know what I missed, or if you have any more insight that I can add.
October Notes: Darius Morris waived by Portland
Trey Burke (2011-13) | Jazz, Starting PG
- For the first three games of the year, Burke is shooting 34.9% from the field (13.3% on 3-pointers). 1.88 AST/TO ratio, -1.3 NetRtg, and 4.8 PIE.
Jamal Crawford (1999-2000) | Clippers, Backup G
- In the first 2 games of the year, Crawford is shooting 38.5 on field goals (31.3 3P%), and has hit 13/14 free throws. 2.33 AST/TO, 15.8 NetRtg, and 17.2 PIE.
Tim Hardaway Jr. (2010-13) | Knicks, Backup G
- Through 2 games, Hardaway has a NetRtg of -48.1 and PIE of -1.1.
Nik Stauskas (2012-14) | Kings, Backup G
- In 2 games, Stauskas has a -18.3 NetRtg and -4.5 PIE.
Glenn Robinson III (2012-14) | Timberwolves, Backup SF
- Made final roster, but listed as inactive.
Mitch McGary (2012-14) | Thunder, Injured PF
- Out for approximately 3 more weeks with a fractured foot.
Mike Brown (2004-05) | Sharks, RW
- Played in two games so far, only statistic is 7 PIM.
Mike Cammalleri (2000-02) | Devils, LW
- 5 goals, 2 assists, +2, and 8 PIM in 8 games.
Andrew Cogliano (2006-07) | Ducks, C
- 1 goal (SHG), 3 assists, and 4 PIM in 13 games.
Luke Glendening (2009-13) | Red Wings, C
- 1 goal and 6 PIM in 11 games.
Carl Hagelin (2008-11) | Rangers, F
- 2 goals, 1 assist, and 6 PIM in 10 games.
Matt Hunwick (2004-07) | Rangers, D
- 2 assists and 4 PIM in 8 games.
Jack Johnson (2006-07) | Blue Jackets, D
- 5 assists, -9 +/-, and 8 PIM in 11 games.
Jon Merrill (2011-13) | Devils, D
- 1 goal (PPG), 3 assists, and 8 PIM in 11 games.
Al Montoya (2003-05) | Panthers, G
- Given up 1 goal on 38 shots in 2 games.
David Moss (2002-05) | Coyotes, LW
- 1 assist, -6 +/-, and 4 PIM in 6 games.
Eric Nystrom (2002-05) | Predators, LW
- 2 goals, 2 assists, 4 PIM in 11 games.
Max Pacioretty (2008) | Canadiens, LW
- 5 goals, 4 assists, +7 +/-, and 10 PIM in 12 games.
Chris Summers (2007-10) | Coyotes, D
- 1 assist, -2 +/-, and 2 PIM in 5 games.
Jacob Trouba (2013) | Jets, D
- 1 goal, -2 +/-, and 4 PIM in 12 games.
American Hockey League
East Coast Hockey League
Rich Hill (2000-02) | Yankees, LHP
- Pitched in 16 games as a reliever for a total of 5.1 innings. 3.38 ERA, 2.44 WHIP, and 9/6 SO/BB ration.
- Was signed by Yankees on July 17th.
Zach Putnam (2006-08) | White Sox, RHP
- Appeared in 49 relief appearences, 5 wins and 2 losses, with 6 saves. 1.98 (!) ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 46 SO vs. 20 BB, and 2 HRs.
Justin Meram (2009-10) | Columbus Crew, Forward
- Scored a big goal in a playoff game this week.
- Played in 32 games this year (starting 19). Scored 8 goals on 21 SOG, with 4 assists.
- Has 13 goals in 90 games (43 starts) for the Crew in the past 4 years.
Soony Saad (2009-10) | Sporting Kansas City and Lebanese National Team, Forward
- Scored 3 goals with 1 assist in 22 games (9 starts) this year.
- In the last 4 years with Sporting KC, Saad has 8 goals and 6 assists in 58 games (26 starts).
Kofi Opare (2009-12) DC United, Defender
- Traded from LA Galaxy on July 29th.
- Played in 6 games with LA this year, starting 5, but did not play a game with DC.
Tigers looking for the sweep of KC today. Justin Verlander vs. Bruce Chen. Score is 0-0 going into the bottom of the 2nd.
While most of us have been thinking Spring Football today, the undefeated Tigers have been doing their thing this afternoon in Detroit. As I type this, the game is going into the top of the 9th, with a 7-1 lead for the Tigers. Brad Ausmus looks to be bringing in Phil Coke for the 9th in a non-save situation. Rick Porcello started and was outstanding in his first start of the new season, giving up 1 run on just 3 hits over 6 2/3 innings. Don Kelly leads the Tigers today with a 3-for-4 day, including a triple. Torii Hunter has added a homer and double to the offensive mix in a 13-hit Tiger attack.
Right now, it's still 7-2, one down in the 9th for the O's after a single and triple plate a run.
If the Tigers lose a game or two this season, it's likely gonna be due to the bullpen...
Most here probably missed it, but the LA Dodgers took the NL West divisional lead overnight by beating the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-1, Clayton Kershaw getting the "W" in a game played 'down under' in Australia.
The two teams play again tonight, this one at a more normal time for us to watch west coast teams play, at 10pm EDT. It'll again be broadcast on MLB Network, in case anyone needs a break from wall-to-wall NCAA Tournament action.
(edited @ 3:38pm to fix thread title)
With the general mood around here today being just "slightly" down, due to the bad news involving things like Jake Butt's ACL injury and the latest bad winter weather, let me spread a bit of cheer, a veritable "light at the end of the tunnel", if you will:
Doesn't matter, either, if you're a fan of some team other than the Tigers (gasp), as most other clubs likewise have or will have their pitchers and catchers report by the end of this week and full squads in Florida or Arizona next week. The Dodgers and Diamondbacks have already been at work for several days now, getting ready for an early start to the regular season with a trip down under for a pair of games on March 22nd and 23rd:
while most of the rest of MLB starts playing games that count (and no, NOT the All Star Game)on or around March 31st.
Go Get 'Em, Tigers!
(edited title @ 9:57 pm)