I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU SONNY
Reported yesterday on Twitter and officially confirmed today by the team, the Red Wing's AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids has signed Kevin Lynch to a 1-year deal.
Lynch was drafted by Columbus in 2009, but became free agent last month after he did not sign. Kevin joins former Wolverine teammate Luke Glendening on the roster.
Per Bob McKenzie, Jacob Trouba whos draft rights belong to the Winnipeg Jets (Currently 3rd in the East) will be making a decision the next couple days if he stays at Michigan or turns pro.
Edit: Seems like the same is true for Jon Merrill.
WPG prospect Jacob Trouba, the Univ of Michigan D whose NCAA season ended Sun, taking a couple of days to decide if he should turn pro now.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 25, 2013
NJD prospect Jon Merrill, also a Univ of Michigan D, is also taking a couple of days to decide on his immediate future. Merrill is a Junior.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) March 25, 2013
Coverage starts at 2:00pm, TV is Fox Sports Detroit, Free radio link on MGoBlue.com
This is the final CCHA Championship, Michigan going for their 10th Playoff Title, and to extend their NCAA Tournament streak to 23 years.
The tournament streak is only over when we decide it is over, LETS GO BLUE!!!!
I was checking to see if anyone is going to hit up downtown Detroit tomorrow for some Basketball viewing/Michigan Hockey at the Joe? Any special place for basketball viewing parties? I am hoping to get down there around noon... Maybe Neemo's then take the shuttle down to the joe... thoughts?
#7 Michigan swept #3 Western Michigan
#2 Notre Dame swept #9 Bowling Green
#11 Michigan State vs #1 Miami (Redhawks wins series 2-1)
- It was a very good effort by a team that was mostly an embarrassment for the entire season, but Miami took the best of three series with a 4-1 win in the deciding game against the Spartans. Michigan State will be losing sleep over five penalties to Miami in a row, that also included two 5x3's, and only converting once. Miami outshot MSU 35-19 and both teams converted once on the PP. Miami advances as the top seed back to Joe Louis Arena. Miami will make the NCAAs no matter what happens at Joe Lous this weekend, they are only going to be playing for seeding.
#5 Ferris State vs #4 Ohio State (OSU wins series 2-1)
- Ferris State dominated the shot clock and large portions of play during the game, but could not come away with a win in the deciding game three in Columbus. Ohio State overcame a 2-1 deficit to advance to the semifinals despite getting outshot 49-27. Ohio State cashed in twice on the PP while Ferris did not convert either of their chances. Last year's national finalists will not qualify for the NCAA Tournament. OSU advances to Joe Louis for the first time in seven years and looks to need to win the conference title to qualify for the NCAAs.
Semifinal Matchups at Joe Louis Arena on Saturday
#7 Michigan vs #1 Miami (just like in 2010, I have a good feeling about this)
#4 Ohio State vs #2 Notre Dame
Both games will be televised on Fox Sports Detroit +, times are TBD
#7 Michigan vs #3 Western Michigan (U-M wins series 2-0)
-Michigan came out of the locker room and totally dominated Western from start to finish 5-1 to advance to Joe Louis Arena for the 24th(!) straight season. they are absolutely ROLLING at the moment. They outshot WMU 29-23 going 1-3 on the PP while killing off all 5 WMU power plays. Racine was fantastic in goal. Kevin Lynch, Sinelli, DeBlois, and Guptill (who had 2) were the M goal scorers. Western Michigan was #13 in the pairwise and these two losses probably eliminate them from the NCAA Tournament.
#9 Bowling Green vs #2 Notre Dame (ND wins series 2-0)
-Notre Dame completes the sweep by holding off Bowling Green 4-3 in South Bend. ND outshot BG 34-32. Both teams converted two power plays each. ND scored twice in the first and were answered by two BG goals in the second. ND took another two goal lead with 8 minutes to go, but BG scored 13 seconds later to make things interesting. However, Notre Dame held them off the scoreboard the rest of the way to advance to Joe Lous next weekend.
#5 Ferris State vs #4 Ohio State (series tied 1-1)
-Ohio State fought off elimination tonight by beating Ferris 3-1. Ferris scored 3 minutes into the game but could not put anymore into the OSU net as the Buckeyes would score the next three for force a game three tomorrow evening in Columbus. Ohio State outshot Ferris 38-28. Both teams coverted one power play each.
#11 Michigan State vs #1 Miami (series tied 1-1)
- MSU scored 20 seconds into the game, but Miami scored the next 4 to even their best of three series at one. Miami dominated most of the game outshooting State 37-17. Miami failed on their only power play of the game (a 5 minute major) while State scored on 1 of 4. Miami did score shorthanded though. Game 3 will take place tomorrow evening in Oxford.
Michigan and Notre Dame have already punched tickets to Joe Louis next weekend, but will have to wait until tomorrow night to see who they will play:
- Miami and Ohio State win: U-M vs Miami and ND vs OSU
- Miami and Ferris State win: U-M vs Miami and ND vs FSU
- Michigan State and Ohio State win: U-M vs OSU and ND vs MSU
- Michigan State and Ferris State win: U-M vs FSU and ND vs MSU
I will post the final matchups tomorrow once the two game threes go final. Both Semifinals should be televised on Fox Sports Detroit (last I checked), but times will be determined later in the week.