Meram is scoring some sweet-ass goals of late
Does anyone know of a replay of the spring game to be shown online tonight? I work nights so I didn't get to see it live today. Hoping to be able to see it at work tonight on the web. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
EDIT: Found a place to see it. It missed the first couple drives including Mike Cox's touchdown, but you get the rest of it.
Go to http://www.justin.tv/maizenbluejw#/w/1090128960 and when promted to enter the access code enter MFootball2011
I've only caught a little bit, and I don't know much about ND's roster, but they seem to have pulled most of their starters for the drives I've seen. They seem to have a more game-like scrimmage set up than we did...blasting their qbs, although it looks like it's their backup and backup's backup.
Some things I've noticed:
- They've had their STs on the field for punts. Interesting how coaches run this scrimmage differently.
- They're playing just as physical as we seemed to have played.
- Kicking unit looks competent; no one's scored a TD, but they've hit 3 FGs.
- One thing that's reassuring is that they haven't looked spectacular in the spring, which reinforces the notion that with 15 practices, these teams simply are not "game-ready" yet.
- Their early enrollee FR QB (Everett Golson) looks pretty good, Mobile QB that's been on the button with his passes. Looks like potential trouble in the future.
- Versus coverage so far hasn't cut out, so I give Versus the edge over BTN.
Sorry this isn't about the M spring game, just figured i'd let you all know one of our enemies is on Versus. They're at half, and will be showing highlights around the nation of other spring games.
The company is called the Compass Mangement Group, founded by Ross graduate Dan Sillman.
Brandon Graham and DeSean Jackson are featured in the article, as prime examples of properly managing money. Other clients include Manny Harris and Brandon Minor.
It's a great read, and very relevant, given the impending lockout and general monetary issue that so many pro athletes face. Within 2 years of retirement, 78% (!) of all NFL players are in financial trouble (or worse).
HT: Doc Sat
I just received an e-mail from Maggie St. Clair (Administrative Assistant to the MMB and basically runs everything) saying that the Spring game "will be four running quarters and there will be two teams competing for the win."
I did a quick five minute search and scanned the previous thread on the spring game and didn't see it, and figured this was pretty big news to not be posted. If it was posted, I apologize.
This maybe premature - but I'm pumped about the 2012 recruiting class.
I was wondering who the community thinks will be our first 2012 commit and when will it be coming.
My guess is that it will be an Ohio kid (Wormley) sometime in this next month or so - considering that tOSU already has two other top DEs in the class committed