mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
Perhaps many of you already know where I'm going with this. Jennings, high school PG phenom, jilts college b-ball for Italy. Makes some cash money, plays against old Italian dudes, then gets drafted first round by the Bucks. Proceeds to get off to a fast start in the NBA (see 55 pt. game), starting premature rookie of the year talkin'.
Anyway, I think that if this is the beginning of a trend - high school phenoms going to EU as opposed to college - it helps Michigan. Beilein's system doesn't attract these types who might otherwise go to the OSU's of the world (see Greg Oden). Thus, Michigan dominates all of college b-ball with slow white kids. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Here's a few notes about the 'Rage meeting from tonight, if anyone's interested:
Darius Morris was a surprise guest this week; he had a few legitimate ideas and the rest of the meeting wasn't awkward at all.
Some ideas passed around/details:
- One idea pushed around was to create an alternate sound track for when the opposing team is warming up on court and our players are in the locker room, which is usually about a five to ten minute period before the game. The sound track would include inspirational tunes like "Party in the USA" and "It's Raining Men".
- Morris said he really liked what Indiana does when the opposing team shoots free throws (their fans had dozens of huge signs with random people's faces on them, not sure on specific details)
- There's a drive for more stunt ideas for the student section, so if you have ideas, share if you want.
- Crisler ranks as the 14th hardest place to play in the country this year and the goal is to be #1, which has been a repeated point so far.
- Morris also said something along the lines of: "Beilein loves you guys, he's always excited to know you'll be there and we really appreciate it"
P.S. If anyone who lives in the A2 area has a copy of the HBO Michigan-Ohio State documentary, Markley Hall needs a copy to do a mass showing to all the freshmen who don't really "get it."
These just came across my twitter feed about an hour ago at exactly the same time. Were DeShawn and Manny driving around campus together and someone got plowed over?
MGoTwitterStalk in full effect...
313fresh: why do ppl in ann aarbor think they can walk in front of a moving car
Peedi3416: No more texting and driving for me. I just learned my lesson
The headline is self explanatory.
Kansas is #1, MSU #2.
Others of note:
Did this jump out to anyone else when reading Mike Rothstein's article? http://www.annarbor.com/sports/as-michigan-begins-its-new-basketball-sea...
There must be a remote-hogging girlfriend involved in this scenario (or someone has a serious Blake Lively and/or Leighton Meester crush).
College is a time where young men should enjoy watching good television. After college when you get married or have a serious girlfriend you'll be forced to watch America's Next Top Model, Gossip Girl, 90210 (the new one), Melrose Place (the new one), One Tree Hill, The Hills (all shows my gf watches religiously). I hate my DVR during the fall, it is overrun with this crap. How I long for those college days when I was oblivious to such shows.