“On the offense last year, they had great spacing. That’s what I remember. Great spacing, great shooters, like Nik Stauskas, who’s not there right now. But they always have someone to fill the roles. They have a cutting offense, kind of hard to guard.”
Got the following info in an email from the Chicago Alumni Association. I went last year (http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/chicago-aaum-football-preview-recap) and had a great time. I definitely recommend the event and I'll see you there
2014 Michigan Football Season Preview with Brian Cook (MGoBlog) and Chris Balas (TheWolverine/Rivals.com)- NEW
When: Tuesday, July 29th, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: McGuireWoods LLP, 77 West Wacker Dr, Suite 4100, (map)
Cost: $20 for Alumni Association members; $30 for non-members. Pay at the door for $30 with Cash or Credit Card
Details: Join fellow alumni and several special guest speakers as we preview the 2014 Michigan Football season. During the evening, alums will be joined by Chris Balas from TheWolverine/Rivals.com, Brian Cook from MGoBlog.com and others to be confirmed. You'll get insights on the upcoming season and an opportunity to ask your questions. There will be appetizers and complimentary beer & wine available for those in attendance.
Walk-ups will be available for cash or credit card of $30 day of the event.
Register/Contact: To buy a ticket, click here. If you have any questions, email David Ingmire at email@example.com
I know a lot of you are waiting for your HTTV stuff, and maybe one or two of you missed Hokepoints this morning, or found (gasp) copy errors in recent posts that weren't promptly rectified.
My father, the source of my Michigan fandom, my model for righteousness and business ethics, my close friend and the proof that everything they say about living life to its fullest is correct, passed away suddenly last Friday.
100% Worst Thing Ever tag: deployed.
I'm going to slowly ease back into my MGoDuties as this week progresses, with the first priority getting HTTV back on track and then getting caught up on the needs of our patient clientele, before full content resumes.
If you feel moved to do something, tell your Dad the thing he already knows. If you feel moved to charity or something, my family's giving to the...
Fearless Leader starts the column from SI's Stuart Mendel. He looks at population growth and says that B1G expansion isn't (only) about TV dollars, but about population trends too:
EDITED TITLE for easy visibility of Brian getting the article lead.
Title says it all.
Last summer I posted a series of questions meant to tear the board apart and further divided a very polarized fanbase. From what I could discern, nobody lost any limbs - which made the whole experience a failure. So I'll do what I can to provoke some sort of blood letting on the board. What are your opinions on the following questions?
1. Could a full grown adult cheetah kill a full grown adult man?
2. Which demographic harms the Michigan image more; lightly toothed farm dwellers who purchase their faux #16 jersey t-shirt at Walmart, or the stuffy old alumni that own Walmart stock?
3. Dave Brandon just visited your bathroom. Does it smell like shit or does it smell like a marketing opportunity?
4. Brady Hoke just visited your bathroom. Does it smell like mediocrity, or are you willing to withhold judgement until he visits your bathroom one more time?
5. Do you pay football and basketball players if it means that programs like track and field, water polo, etc. wil suffer, and possibly cease to exist?
6. And because I moved away from Michigan, and apparently people outside of Michigan look at you like you have a third ear attached to your forehead when you say it... kitty corner or catty corner?