at least it's not just us?
Slightly painful to recap the pitfalls of this season but it would be interesting to hear what people believed at that point in the season to now. I don't know if I've just been broken down by the past two seasons but a mediocre/bad/missed bowl season still would not get me to my neighborhood pitchfork and torch store. Not even because I drink the RR-Kool Aid but just that I don't believe coaches can win and just simply fall on their faces for 3 years straight. Fall into mediocrity? Absolutely. Go from BCS to bowl-less for 3+ years? No.
Anyways, I had to shift the post away because I accidentally reposted old info so I thought this would open the floor to something productive.
What is one thing you're almost positive on for next year? Tate starting all season? A position shift for the city's Fastest Man? Etc.
How time flies!
Touchdown Jesus has broken his silence on the Notre Dame coaching search. He has released a new Ten Commandments to guide the Notre Dame Search Committee and the incoming football coach.
Personally, I like them. Here they are:
(1) Michigan is the Lord thy God...thou shalt not raise the hopes of thy fans that thee might have a winning record against the Mighty Wolverines
(2) Thou shalt immediately sign thy coach to a 15-Year contract when he leads thee to the Gator Bowl in Year One
(3) Thou shalt not make unto thee the graven image of a win on senior day
(4) Remember to keep the football sabbath (BCS Bowl week) holy by not playing in any of the games
(5) Honor thy father (Michigan) and thy mother (USC) by ensuring that thee comes into each game as at least a 10 point underdog
(6) Thou shalt not kill thyself after the coming third loss in four years to Navy
(7) Thou shalt not steal tickets to the National Championship Game just so thee can claim that thee made it to the title game
(8) Thou shalt throw the ball when up three with 2 minutes left against thy Lord when thy Lord is running out of timeouts
(9) Thou shalt always bear false witness against the referees whenever thee loses to thy opponent
(10) Thou shalt not covet thy rival's coach, even if thy former coach and token ESPN senior citizen anchor thinks thee has a shot at Pete Carroll
And before you say it, yes I am bored watching the Patriots/Saints right now, even though it is a pretty damn good game. I wasn't quite bored or creative enough to put this list on stone tablets though...that would have been sweeter. Please feel free to suggest edits to these Commandments. As Stephen Colbert would say, I know that Touchdown Jesus is infallible, but that doesn't mean he can't make mistakes.
It has been forever since I last posted anything, including even a comment. While I am still a regular follower of MGoBlog, as well as the new WLA, I've basically been a casual onlooker on the blog scene the whole season. As some of you may (or may not) recall, I was a regular commentator and contributor late last season, as well as over the Winter during the coaching search. In fact, I commiserated with many fellow U-M Law alumi, and basically wasted like 1,000 potential billable hours spending endless hours on MGoBlog tracking the coaching search and waiting for Brian to start a new thread that we could comment on. In any event, today I decided to google my MGoBlog handle and read through my old posts during December of last year. A time, I might add I originally referred to as a "shit storm", but later termed "a diarrhea hurricane." I thought some of you might might enjoy a sampling of some of my posts/comments during that time. My favorite is a "memo" I wrote to all of you summarizing the general malaise and paranoia of everyone following the coaching search on MGoBlog. For those that don't remember, "Spicy BM" was a nickname attributed to Bill Martin at a time (I generally analogized him to a bowel movement). As some of you may also remember, I was a Les Miles fan, and believed he would "crawl through glass" to come back to U-M. I also openly pined for Rich Rodriguez. In any case, after re-reading the threads from that time, there is NO FUCKING WAY I can handle another coaching search any time in the near future. The coaching search makes a 3-7 mark look like the 1997 season. LOL. In any case, hope you enjoy the sampling of some of my old posts (current labeling in bold).
ON THE GROBE MAFIA:
Success! I brought my laptop and am at a Starbucks. GJ delayed (fucking AUSAs).
I've decided to give Grobe a pass -- like the Gambino LCN. He gets freedom from bad commentary from me, but he will be required to win a MNC within 3 years of his hiring at Michigan. Sorry, those are the rules. As a former gov't lawyer who proscuted organized crime cases, I don't give a fuck what the Grobe mafia says about it. 3 years and a national championship. If half of what you guys says about Grobe is true that's not asking to much.
Christ, I'm halfway on the Grobe bandwagon.
DCBlue | 12.06.07 - 1:02 pm | #
I think gsimmons85 is Jim Grobe's handle. He's sitting in his office in Winston-Salem typing away.
DCBlue | 12.06.07 - 1:11 pm | #
ON BILL MARTIN, Generally (Sidenote: Can you fucking believe we thought PSU's Bradley even had a chance? LOL)
How great would it be if BM's "process" included having his AD staff run unsubtantiated rumors of potential candidates up the MGoBlog flagpole? Brady Hoke. Nope can't hire him. Urban Meyer, definate possibility. T. Bradley, definately not.
DCBlue | 12.06.07 - 1:13 pm | #
On "Premium" message boards:
I can't imagine paying money for this rumor mongering. "Premium" message board? Unless they furnish coke and hookers, that's ridiculous.
DCBlue | 12.06.07 - 2:00 pm | #
Bill Martin, revisited:
As much as I want to believe that spicy BM's "process" is just like "Fortitude South" in WWII (the plan to deceive the Germans into thinking that the main attack would come in the Pas-de-Calais and the low countries to the east), I just don't buy it. I think Saturdy and Sunday was a huge clusterfuck, probably brought on a little from both sides and now BM is racing for a plan B to save face/his ass.
I mean Jesus, he's not planning the fucking Normandy landings, he's hiring a football coach. This CIA/KGB stuff would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.
DCBlue | 12.06.07 - 3:14 pm | #
The "Memo" summarizing the MGoBlog threads at the time:
TO: Blog Fags
FROM: DC BLUE
RE: MICHIGAN COACHING SEARCH
CLIENT CODE: Spicy BM
After extensive research, and in an attempt to save all of us the trouble of following new threads, please feel free to print out the following cheat sheet that gives a synopis of every MGoBlog discussion.
1. Les Miles = Crawl through glass.
2. Spicy BM = fucked things up
3. Malfunctioning Blackberry/Sailing
4. KING GROBE
5. Oh my god we're fucked.
6. What a shit storm/diarrhea hurricane.
7. Relax, it will all work out.
8. Fuck you, this is Michigan.
9. Who is the hot coordinator
10. Martin said no coordinators.
12. Mike Debord
13. Urban Meyer/Sean Peyton/Rich Rodriguez.
15. I need a drink
16. You guys are the greatest
18. We need a profiles in heroism [insert name]
19. Michigan Student provides bi-polar anaylsis.
20. We're like ND
21. No we're not
22. THIS IS MICHIGAN
23. Clean house
24. Pat Forde/Drew Sharp = douche
25. I trust Bill Martin.
26. Fuck that, we're fucked.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Finally, isn't this the truth:
Maybe Harbaugh does warrant a look. sigh.
Whoever it is, we'll all be bitching after the first three and out next year.
DCBlue | 12.07.07 - 11:16 am | #