Several things to consider while pretending to work:
1. The Buckeyes must be feeling very confident about Cam Akers or Najee Harris.
2. Haven't decided if it's ballsy AF or stupid AF to tell a 4* star Ohio recruit to greyshirt.
3. Has expressed interest in Michigan but I doubt he would be a take now.
4. Here comes the next really good MSU running back from Ohio.
Saturday Down South has come out with its "Way too early Top 25 for 2016". There are some interesting observations, and some that are headscratching.
- The top 4 looks like the current CFP, with the exception of Ohio substituted for Sparty.
- Alabama is back again at #3, but they lose Derrick Henry and don't really have an heir apparent at QB.
- Regarding Ohio #4, " This is J.T, Barrett's team. Outside of Alabama, no team will lose more talent to the NFL." Yet they always manage to be in the hunt with Urbie. I just don't think one player can carry an entire team.
- Oregon is at #7. They have the same problem next year as they did this year...a new starting QB, whether it be Dakota Prukop or Taylor Alie.
- Sparty is #8, which is the biggest surprise. They lose Cook, Burbridge, Calhoun, Heath, Allen, Clark, and possibly Conklin, although the article claims "Michigan State returns what should be one of the best offensive lines in college football."
- Tennessee is a Top 10 team. Butch Jones apparently has turned things around.
Michigan is #12, which is almost where we are right now. One would think that with mostly everyone returning, and O'Korn likely to take over the reins at QB, that we would be higher ranked than 12. Thinking we should be where Sparty is, but perhaps our future LB play has us in the right place.
The best part of the article was: "There shouldn't be much separation between Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State by next season."
BTW, this is my first Forum entry on the Board.
This is my first time creating a forum post. Some of you have seen me comment here and there for the last three years. You'll know from my other posts that: a) I'm an Ohio State fan; and b) I'm not a troll--I visit here because I love college football and respect the writers and posters on this blog.
With the introductions out of the way let me start out by saying that I (like many other Buckeye fans) hope you guys get Harbaugh. The B1G needs Michigan to be its traditional self. Ohio State is only as good as the strength of its conference in many respects. And it benefits as much as Michigan if The Game is between two ranked powerhouses that will usually decide who goes to the B1G Championship Game.
I think Harbaugh can get you guys there more so than anyone else available. And, from reading this board, it appears that I am not alone. Assuming this happens, what are reasonable expectations for the Wolverines in year one? Transition usually takes time, but we have seen programs where the transition is seamless and the new coach has early success. Oddly, Brady Hoke was one of them in 2011. Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
Ok, this might be tempting fate doing a thread like this two nights in a row, but when I saw this image of Matta on Twitter I couldn't resist. And since we're playing them tomorrow it might be a good way to pass the time. Just like the Creanface yesterday, the transparent image is below along with my first attempt.
So I guess Ohio was pretty confident they were going to win last night... So much so they had these placed on the windshields of all cars parked at Lucus Oil Stadium.
Edit: Photo not embedding...