"It's a lot easier being a drug dealer than an AAU coach" - this guy. Tell me something I don't know. I mean, don't think but have never tried either.
This list is just terrible:
1. James Laurinaitis - This guy is not the best player in the big ten, he is the most overrated player though. This guy is a paper tiger, his championship game preformance is so indicative of his career (big numbers but not a big impact).
2. Beanie Wells - Now this I agree with (I would have probably ranked him number one, guy is a beast and he seems to be a Michigan killer, not looking forward to seeing him in Novemeber.
3. Juice Williams - You're kidding me right? Juice Williams? I'm not even going to discuss this.
4. Derrick Williams - This to me is even worse than the Juice pick.
5. Travis Beckum - Ok this I can buy, he is an awesome impact player.
I'm not sure who I'd have in my top 5 (outside of Beanie) - but there is no way in hell Juice, D-Will and Overrated-itis would be on it.
What do you guys think?
Just stumbled upon this and thought it was worth posting. My apologies if it has ever been posted before....
Nittany White Out gives its opinion of Michigan Stadium here:
So I was scanning my feed reader and I clicked on a MSC post that referenced a BTN list of B10 athletes competing in Beijing. Feel free to count for yourselves, but I wouldn't even bother. Michigan athletes make up about 40-45% of B10 representatives. M has more than 25 athletes in China. Second place comes in at 7 athletes. My question: Does this Michigan dominance justify in any way the arrogance of Michgan fans? Or does it just perpetuate the falsehood? Maybe the answer depends on what school you went or what state you grew up in or what team you follow. Maybe it depends on if you went to Michigan or not. Here's what I think: Michigan, more than any other university in the B10 and perhaps the nation, attracts the cream of the crop. Not only athletically, but academically. There are only a handful of institutions that exceed Michigan's academics in most fields. Only a handful exceed Michigan athletically in most sports. Exceed Michigan in both? At most, one: Stanford. So does this list justify my arrogance as a Michgan fan & alum? You bet your sweet arse it does, brah.*
*speaking of brah, where are the Aggies on that list?