Coaches' timeouts are worse. Basketball teams should get one, full stop.
Just some general thoughts and questions from another great football Saturday:
- How shitty was it that Ortmann got injured?? I was totally bummed when I saw that. Just what we DIDN'T need. I hope he will be ok. Does anyone have any info on that?
- Loved that first TD. The read option actually worked with Threet as the QB! That DE totally bought the fake, so, that was the key, otherwise, sack. FYI - I'm watching "College Football Final" and Mark May just called Threet "Street". Dumbass.
- MCGUFF! I thought he was kick-ass today. I love his very Barry Sanders-like personality. He never gets up or down.
- The running game in general looked a lot better, but playing a meh MAC school probably has a lot to do with that.
- ODOMS/MINOR/BROWN/SHAW - why don't they use these guys more? As before, I thought McGuffie was great, but why not spread it around a little. Get it, spread? Yeah, lame. Anyway, I suppose, as I've heard, Minor and Brown are still a little banged up, but maybe McGuffie has seperated himself from the others i.e. Mike Hart as a freshman?
- Side note: I sported my "Worst State Ever" shirt for the first time, and I must say it's quite a big hit with those are aren't aware of the beauty of the MGoBlog. I must have told 10 people where I got the shirt from.
- Didn't get to see much of their game, but from the looks of it they were as lucky as balls to have won. SDSU was going in for a TD in the 4th to go up by 2 TDs! But, alas, they fumbled on the goal line and blew it. Then that damn Emu scampered up and down the field for 2 scores to win. SDSU forgot to bring their tazers. Bummer.
- Charlie Weiss is fat.
- So, eh, somebody was looking ahead to USC next week! Their performance was totally embarrassing. They were making dumb ass mistakes all over that field. Plus! Pryor looked human. As in, if looking human is looking like Nick Sheridan. Yeah, that's how he looked.
- Jim Tre$$eLL
- That loss was totally Rich Rod's fault. He always chokes in big games.
- I'm glad to see that Brian put an AOL post up on this one, looking forward to it.
- Yowzaa. Totally layin the "SPREAD HD" down on those dirty Beavers. I'm impressed. It's nice to see a PAC-10 team come to BIG-10 country and get waxed. Bravo Penn State. Bravo.
- What's up with Penn State's players getting arrested all the time. Jesus H, get it together Joe Pa.