This list is completely arbitrary and not a genuine analysis of the relative merits of state fossils.
- Probably slated for a back-up role to Forcier (if he beats out DRob in fall camp) or a potential redshirt
Stephen Hopkins (EE)
Austin White (EE)
- With Vincent Smith the proposed nominal starter who is now unavailable until fall camp (at the earliest) this position is wide open; enrolling early helps both of their chances to make an impact
- most think White is destined for a redshirt but enrolling early at least gives him a chance to make an impact this season
Ricardo Miller (EE)
- The stud Florida turned Ann Arbor WR who we have heard about for some time now is about to set foot on the campus he loves and be a impact contributor this season
Between the 5 guys already on the depth chart, not to mention the TEs getting some playing time, its doubtful any of the freshman see significant time here.
Both Talbout and Ash (and possibly Hankins) are considered projects and not immediate impact players. Hopefully Martin, Campbell, and Sagesse can hold this stop down.
- With our linebacker situation (talent and depth) I hope he is good enough to play next year
Courtney Avery (EE)
- With Warren "messing around" at least 1 of these guys will be the starter and the others will also see signficant playing time
- our 2010 Defense (and team) hinge on the quick development of these guys
Marvin Robinson (EE)
- Depth chart is light here as well and both of these guys will see the field
- Robinson could also be in the mix for the Spinner position
- no one ahead of him on the depth chart at Punter
TOTALS: 11 contributors and potentially 3-4 starters
I search came back empty, so when I noticed Tim didn't mention anything about Davion Rogers possibly coming up for an official, I thought I'd post something. Apparently we were down there visiting his school recently.
I don't think anyone around here would be upset if we stole another recruit from West Virginia.
Proof that recruits - and their families - read what we write about them from our very own TOMVH:
Ray Vinopal - "I read what people say about me, I'm going to work my a** off to prove everyone of them wrong. I'm not scared."
In this case it serves as motivation, but in the bigger picture do we really attract players if they see the fan base tearing into recruits before they even step on the field?
Sam Webb addressed the issue at the end of his recruiting round up today. Good bit about the atmosphere of Cardinal Mooney football. Worth a listen. Nothing much else, UM making up ground with Ash and Hankins. Webb parrots Hankins saying the opening at Louisville may mean a move by Florida's D Coordinator, which could influence Hankins decision.
Scout has just upgraded Carvin Johnson. He was previously almost non-existent in their rankings. Now they have him as a three star. Did he really improve that much? Or did the "gurus" just mess up on this one in the first place? Could it be that they didn't rank him higher now is that it would be too embarrassing to admit not noticing a four star recruit? Maybe. Time will tell.
To start, I'm a RR supporter and I'm not trying to complain about him here. Also mandatory, didn't-see-this-on-the-board-sorry-if-it's-been-posted comment.
Smart Football has an article talking about Notre Dame's recruiting under Charlie Weis, and how it was impersonal, unresponsive, and too business-like. It had little to do with Michigan until this tidbit:
"Now, I know he (ed: Brian Kelly, referring to him asking about the coach's family) isn’t really interested in talking to me and that it’s all about my player but still it makes a difference. Ohio State, Alabama, Virginia Tech, and others all recruit about the same way as Cincinnati. Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Michigan . . . they recruit like Notre Dame."
I understand that this is just 1 high school coach. I also understand that he lives in Ohio, so it might have been a throwaway jab at Michigan. I did think it was an interesting insight into a high school coach's perspective, and was curious as to what people might think.
We had a bunch of guys at the game today. How was the atmosphere? Did we make strides? How did we do?