"The University of Illinois is also in turmoil. The university sports an Interim Chancellor, an Interim Athletic Director, and an Interim Football Coach; the game will be played at Soldier Field, making this an Illini Interim Home Game."
I was on a flight this morning wearing my Michigan alumni gear sitting right next to a Buckeye, and we had a very nice conversation the entire flight. It makes me think we all might know at least one tolerable buckeye. I remember we did this with State week, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving, do you have buckeyes close to you that you enjoy their company?
I have close family friends that treat me like their second daughter. I avoid them one week a year.
GO BLUE! BEAT OSU!
MODS: feel free to delete if this clogs up the board. Just thought it'd be nice for the holiday.
There's a lot of chatter on the board today, blah blah State, blah blah MSM guy says X - he's stoopid!
Guess what, it's Ohio State week. Every year, the last game of the year, so many times for the Big Ten Title.
The board mobilized this summer when there was a chance that The Game could move, well guess what, get pumped, because The Game is here.
Ohio is the worst state ever, they suck, I hate them with every fiber of my being, and we cannot forget that.
- A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, “Wanna hear a Buckeye joke?” The guy replies, “Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I am 6′ tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6’2″, 225 lbs., and he is an Ohio State graduate. The guy right next to him is 6’5″, 250lbs., and he is also an Ohio State graduate. Now, you still wanna tell me that joke?” The first guy says, “No, not if I’m going to have to explain it three times.”
- It was reported that the Ohio Football Coach Jim Tressel will only be dressing 40 players for the Michigan game …the rest of the players will have to dress them selves.
- Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground? All five books in the library were completely destroyed and the football team is really upset by the fire; they hadn’t colored in two of the books yet.
- Q: What does the average Ohio State University student get on his SAT? A: Drool.
- Q: How do you get an Ohio State Graduate off your front porch? A: Pay him for the pizza.
- Q: What did the OSU grad say to the Michigan grad? A: “Welcome to McDonald’s. May I take your order please?”
- Q: Why is ice no longer available at Ohio State football games? A: Because the senior who knew the recipe finally graduated.
- A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, “Your first job will be to sweep the store.” But, I’m a OSU graduate,” the young man replied indignantly, “I even played football there!” “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that,” said the manager. “Here, give me the broom, I better show you how”.
- Two Ohio State football players were hootin’ and hollerin’ while partying on campus when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took them two months. “Two months?!” exclaimed the bartender. The Buckeye proudly replied, “Yeah, the box said 4 – 6 years!”
- A Buckeye football player was almost killed today in a tragic horse back riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse.
- A little boy and his mother were walking through an Ohio cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read: “Here lies an OSU graduate and a good man.” The little boy asked his mother, “Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?”
- Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie’s lamp. “Who disturbs me?” asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. “You will each get one wish,” said the genie. Jim offers to go first. “I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!” The genie grants the wish to Jim and his is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he’ll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, “Fill it with water.”
Jokes found on the interwebs - add yours and your stories of why you hate OSU
I know this happened a couple weeks ago, but I suppose it's still on point given all the wailing and gnashing of teeth it caused. (Really, it just took me a lot longer than I thought to make it.)
and let me know what you think. Who am I kidding? This is mgoblog; of course you're gonna let me know what you think.
Eleven Warriors has the sketches of what the Uni's are supposed to look like. Man, I dont know about you guys but as much as I loved/still love Nike, I am glad we dont have them messing around with our tradition. Here's the link
It looks like the Nike influenced uniforms that OSU will be wearing this fall when the Mighty Wolverines travel to the snakepit in Columbus will have a military theme "honoring" their 1942 team. They will include a camoflague theme on the numbers as well as a flag patch and more. The link does not include pictures, but the designs are supposed to be released by Nike tomorrow.
On a related vomit inducing note, the Alabama uniforms are going to have a houndstooth pattern to "honor" Bear Bryant.
Thank God, Yost, Crisler, & Schembechler we have Adidas provided uniforms.